Notes from a Drama Queen

Mort's Comic

Monday, March 17, 2008

Mort (Maggie Shayne) had a house fire a few weeks ago, and she's been an absolute goddess coming to terms with it, helping the workers rip out the burned stuff and making her home her own again.
But her stuffed critters got pretty well smoked, so I decided she needed a plushy to make her life complete, and of course it would have to be a vampire, and of course, since it's from me, it has to be Japanese.
And then Macs come with the coolest program called Comic Life, so I decided to writer her a little story to accompany Vincent Valentine, former Turk from Final Fantasy and luscious kind of vampire.
So here's her comic:







And here's lovely Vincent himself, about to travel across the vast, snowy wastelands to Mort's side.


9 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Oh you are too good! This made me laugh. Every woman should have a delicious Vincent Valentine of their very own.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make the little vampire? Or can you really buy them? I mean, my GKs have some strange plushies, but nothing like this!

Anyway, this--the cartoon and all--is very cool. And vibes to Mort.

10:40 PM  
Blogger flip said...

I love the comic. I must find the cartoon program...too cool. Love the plushy. I want a Japanese rock and roll vampire!!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Travel Diary said...

yeah did you really buy that somewhere? must have been online. He's real cute

6:39 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Oh you rock!

Isn't that program the best?

Truly, you rock!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Congratulations on your double RITA award nominations!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Loved the cartoon! I also want to congratulate you on your Rita Award nominations...for Ice Blue and Ice Storm .. Good luck in San Fran :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ell said...

Cute, and yet strange.
Love, love, love your work. I swear, if you published your grocery list, I would wait in line to buy it. Dayam girl, you are good!!! Reno makes a brilliant, and hot hero.....will we be getting the story on Finn MacGowan? (love the name) On Mahmoud in time? Or are you done with the Ice Series?

6:21 PM  
Blogger DreamNT said...

I love this post!! Might have to do one like it :)









gclub

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment