Notes from a Drama Queen

Christmas Day 5 & 6

Thursday, December 06, 2007

OK, so I got a little distracted last night. It happens to the best of us. I ended up running around being dutiful daughter and good wife and mother and didn't get any work done, but I hauled out the Laurel Burch Christmas quilt (pictures to come) and today I had Tim bring up the thirteen boxes of Christmas decorations (not counting the five still downstairs for the tree). I got about five pages done on the novella, and I was hoping to finish it, but then I got distracted, so I went over to Sally's house and started making a Christmas quilt for my mother. Very simple design -- I took the 5 x 6 inch squares of a Christmas teapot fabric and started framing them with 2 inch strips of coordinating fabric. It went very fast, and the squares will be done next week -- I'll upload that as well. In the meantime I provided moral support for Sally as she worked on her first quilt.
She says she can't read ICE STORM because it's not Christmas-y enough. True. While my Christmas novella only has one murder, one bullet wound (for the hero), one crack across the face with a gun (the heroine) it's got a lot more holiday spirit. Now if people would just leave me alone I'd be able to finish it and throw myself into Christmas.
Tomorrow. Tomorrow, if anyone wants to bother me I'll pack up the computer and go disappear.
In the meantime, the snow has slowed to flurries, and it's a bit nippy (15 degrees) but the woodstove's cooking, the cats and dog are all lounging around in various stages of advanced sloth, and tomorrow my characters get to do the deed.
So life is looking fabulous.
The puzzle I tried to upload didn't work -- I'm going to have to take lessons from my magnificent web designer on how to embed stuff.
In the meantime, here's something pretty to look at:
a Christmas quilt I made for Sally and Tony a couple of years ago. It's not a very good view -- I'll have to take some new pictures, but it's Holsteins (the black and white cows) in a snowy field and stars all around, and it's called Mooooonlight in Vermont.
Anybody baking yet?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great quilt, Krissie!

Lynda, who hasn't done a single Christmassy thing yet, except buy a present for hubby and moi

6:18 PM  
Blogger flip said...

Haven't decorated, haven't bought presents, haven't baked, going out of town next week for business......But on the 16th, eldest daughter flies home for a few days. We will start celebrating Christmas when she arrives.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

While my Christmas novella only has one murder, one bullet wound (for the hero), one crack across the face with a gun (the heroine) it's got a lot more holiday spirit.

That is the funniest line, Krissie. I love it. So you!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment