Notes from a Drama Queen

Reno Day 7

Monday, October 01, 2007

So we ended up with thirteen pages yesterday. Brings me to 177 pages in under two weeks, with a bladder infection and a overnight conference and speech in between. My power knows no limit! Well, yes it does, since I can't make my career do what I want. But at least I can write the best books I possibly can, and just let go of the rest. It makes you insane if you let it.
Actually yesterday, Sunday, was Day 7, and I'm smack in the middle of Day 8, heading toward the finish line. Page 330 in rough form, and I go very fast at the end.
I need everyone to send me energy vibes. I'm doing this without my beloved Tab (or any kind of soda at all -- sob!). Trying to make do with carbs, but they're just not the same.
Since this is the last ICE book it's got to be completely and utterly fabulous, and a lot of it is. A lot of it is shit, and I'll have to tear it apart and rewrite and cut and expand and do all those nasty things to my golden prose
But in the end it will be worth it.
In the meantime, I may take a break and watch Heroes and Chuck tonight (they'll be tivo'd if I manage to work straight through). I need more Will Yun Lee -- inspiration. What can I say -- beautiful young men inspire me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Lindsay said...

Energy vibes in abundance coming your way...

5:56 PM  
Blogger Amy Andrews said...

Ohmmmm, Ohmmmmm, Ohmmmmmm.
Wishing you many, many good vibes.

8:31 AM  
Blogger flip said...

Really looking forward to Ice Storm in November. Sending mucho energy....I would love to read more books by you every year.

12:32 PM  
Blogger agalati said...

you rock!just keep saying i am a rock star!I AM A ROCK STAR!!!!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Sending huge vibes even though I'm crushed to know that this is the last Ice book.

I LOVE this series!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment