Notes from a Drama Queen

Australia part 2

Thursday, August 09, 2007





So we shopped. And shopped. And then shopped some more. Shopped so much there was no time for koalas, but at least we zoomed by the opera house last night on the way to the Harlequin dinner, and today I have orders to go out by ferry and see the harbour. Plus check out the Japanese book store.
Jenny's got her iPhone with her and is taking better pictures -- head on over to www.arghink.com to see her report.

This is the daytime view from my window -- Darling Harbour is absolutely darling, of course. Today Rosie Richards (Alison Roberts) and Linda Brumley (Marion Lennox) took me on a ferry past the Opera House (iconic) the jails (you'd think if they hauled your ass all the way down to Australia then they might at least given you some open land and not incarcerate you on a freaking island. Might as well have left the poor souls to rot in England.)


I pulled off my socks and shoes and went wading in the Pacific Ocean -- if I'd been bold and brave enough to swim I would have (except I'm not sure if Australia would have recovered from the sight of me in the nude). Then back to the hotel for the magnificent Venetian carnivale cocktail party put on by the truly lovely people of Harlequin Australia


The rest of the conference was entirely fabulous -- great people and wonderful times.
Today Jenny and I go visit koalas and kangaroos before we head up to Brisbane and mix with academia. More later, my darlings!

5 Comments:

Blogger Keziah Hill said...

We miss you already! Make sure you come back!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Paula Roe said...

ditto what Keziah said! A fab time was had by all the 'hot chicks' , especially us who got to show off our lovely Sydney :) Come back now, y'all!

Paula x

5:07 AM  
Blogger Maggie Nash said...

We want to hear about the progress of the immigration!

Your sense oh humour fits right in here! As we said, you and Jenny are sooooo normal! (To us anyway..LOL)

Come back really soon...and thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and with with us :-)

Margie/Maggie (one of the frazzled conference organizers!)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Amy Andrews said...

Ann, so very very nice to meet you. You and Jenny were both so great and I can't wait to see you next year in San Fran.
Great habit.
DUG

7:30 PM  
Blogger M.J. said...

I agree with everyone. You're an honourary Aussie now and need to return...we have cinnamon rolls.

Have a wonderful time the rest of your trip!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment