Notes from a Drama Queen

And the Winner is ...

Friday, June 01, 2007

My darlings, I promised you I'd announce a winner on Tuesday but life does have a habit of getting ahead of me. But I've picked a random number, matched it to a number on the spreadsheet of people entering, and the winner is Elizabeth Tran of Rochester, NY. Congratulations, Elizabeth! If you e-mail me with your address a Basket 'o Fabulous will be heading your way, complete with an ARC of THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES (see that site for the next contest), and assorted other strange and wonderful goodies. And thanks to everyone else who entered. Once I assemble said basket I'll report on it -- there'll be a tiny plastic nun, a mini-bottle of maple syrup, a cd of the latest j-rock, a fat quarter and one of my favorite older books. And whatever else strikes me as entertaining.

In the meantime, I've started an insane new project with Jenny Crusie and Lani Diane Rich called Dogs and Goddesses. The three of us want to collaborate, but we're too busy with our solo work to deal with all the publishing madness, so instead we're simply throwing stuff up on the internet, kind of like book writing meets reality television, and you're all invited to join in.
It's www.dogsandgoddesses.com and you'll find it's vastly entertaining.

During all that, I'm trying to get a handle on Reno and Jilly's story. I just cut twenty pages of infodump (you know, those parts of a book where someone is rambling on about their life so the reader knows). It's tricky passing that information without clunkiness, but I'm slaving mightily, and my peanut gallery/Greek chorus (Jenny, Lani and Lynda Ward) are trying to whip me into shape.

And coming up any day now, the official Unfortunate Miss Fortunes website. The book is due to hit stores at the end of the month, and fingers crossed that it does well, because it was a hoot to write with two such fabulous people like Jenny Crusie and Eileen Dreyer.

So if three blogs aren't enough to keep up with, now I've got four. I promise to behave myself and stay on task.


And next week I'll tell you my grand plan for Krissie Action Figures. Sort of like Malibu Barbie, with girth.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger kevyngirl said...

Dearest Sister Anne,

Cruising around the internet I decided to check your blog. I'm glad I did! I'm someone from another of your lives. Can you please let me know what the title of the book is that loosely takes place at a now defunct boarding school in the lovely mountains of Southern California - not far from beautiful downtown Riverside? I'm looking forward to reading it and possibly getting "hooked" on romance novels in my post 50 decline.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I have been reading romance novels for several years now and have just discovered Anne Stuart's new series. Black Ice, Cold as Ice. and Ice Blue. I think her books are fast paced and very sensual, however I would enjoy a lot more if the heroine was better looking not so ordinary. Will look forward to future publications.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Daunt said...

I am SO thrilled that you're writing about Reno & Jilly! I just finished the book yesterday and all I could do was think. "WHAT is going to happen with them? I have to know!"

Thank you sincerely for indulging that part of your imagination! I also adore that he was named for Reno from 'A Video Game'. ;) I love that video game and it made me giggle!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment