Notes from a Drama Queen

12 Days of Isobel day 3

Monday, January 15, 2007

My darlings! Well, I skipped Saturday because I figure I only have to work 6 days a week, and I wasn't quite sure where I was going. I sat and stared at the computer and got frustrated, so instead I went up to bed and thought about it, and Sunday I wrote just enough to get myself started. I decided I was going to finish up the story of Isobel and Killian in the past, so I can just move forward (except for some extraneous detail that'll need to be covered). So I wrote a page yesterday, setting them up, but the internet was being too wonky to post. (I only have dial-up -- there's nothing short of internet for faster service and I can't afford the initial outlay).
Today is my official Day 3 (I'm not counting Saturday) and it's a little after 1 pm and I've written seventeen pages. She's shot Killian, thinking she's killed him, he's ready to shoot her (the book opens with this scene, so I'm not giving anything away).
A major plot point has been handled, and now I can keep moving on.
Because Isobel is about to realize that Killian (now Serafin) is in disguise, and that he knows exactly who she is. And all sorts of fabulous stuff is about to happen.
The sex ended up quite interesting. Well, the actual sex in the car, brief and hot and sweaty, was just fine. But the next three days we don't really hear about. All we know is they were spent in an erotic daze, that he kept her drugged (I have such nice heroes) and he didn't let her touch him. I don't know why -- that just popped up. He spent the time having sex with her, but by not letting her be more than passively drugged he was able to keep his emotional distance.
How very interesting.
That's what I love about writing -- the stuff that can come up.
Tomorrow we're back in Algeria, Kililan/Serafin emerges from the shower, and life gets more complicated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I love this. And of course, now I am on edge to read the whole thing.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write the most "flawed" heroes! And I adore them and their flaws

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment