Notes from a Drama Queen

The 47th day of Isobel

Sunday, January 28, 2007


My darlings! OK, I fell down on the job. I was going to post everyday, to keep me motivated, but then the book, this delicious book, took over.
First, a shot of my hero:

101 pages in the last week (and I took a day off).

Sunday: 17 pages

Monday: 15 pages

Tuesday: 15 pages

Wednesday: 15 pages

Thursday: 16 pages

Friday: nada

Saturday: 13 pages

Sunday: 14 pages


I have no idea if that ads up to 101 but I was at 150 on my last post and I'm at 251 today. I'm going to make my deadline! Today I wrote angry, violent, powerful sex, and was so exhausted I had to take a two hour nap. Hey, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it.


I'm listening to Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, Fidelity by Regina Spektor, Lovers in a Dangerous Time by Bruce Cockburn. If I can do another 100 pages next week I'll be ready for the final push (I always finish books in a mad rush).


When I told Jenny Crusie I was doing 15 pages a day she said "that's four thousand words. Don't hurt yourself."


But I'm thriving. I love love love this book!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Brown said...

I've been reading your books for at least 20 years. It must be something like that cause I can remember being in school at the time and now I'm... ummm 42 *cough*. You create the most interesting men and there have been times I wasn't sure if he really was supposed to be the 'hero' or if he was going to end up as the villan. Romance needs some uncertainty and you bring it, but good. Thanks for a lot of great late night reading, snuggled up in bed trying not to think about how late it's getting.

6:42 PM  
Blogger ShaneMarie said...

Yes, definitely agree, great taste in music, right now i am loving Blue October and the Shins. But love Snow Patrol. Have to say Ms. Stuart i just finished reading Ice Blue and i LOVED it! I actually cried a little at the beautiful love scene when Taka tell's Summer to just ask for what she wants as she says I want you... i love your books and will continue to do so. Thanks!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Lealing said...

Can't wait to read Isobel's story. I've only recently discovered your books and have read Black Ice, Cold as Ice and Ice Blue one after the other. I loved all three of them and the heros are just to die for! No one can write bad boy heros as good as you can and I hope that you will continue to write such good books. I'm reading them too fast and hunger for when your next book is released. Also looking forward to Reno's story!

6:02 AM  
Blogger katphish76 said...

I cannot wait for this next book! I just finished Cold As Ice and Ice Blue in succession and LOVED them! It was cool to see Taka "appear" in the second. When I did research on Black Ice (which, unfortunately, wasn't sent to me by my book club), I was curious as to see who'd be the "hero/villain". When I saw Bastien's name I thought, "Yes, of course!! Who else could it be??" Nice. I'm gonna go order it right now. :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment