Notes from a Drama Queen

The last days of Reno

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So actually it was only 10 days. 13 pages on Monday, 7 lousy ones on Tuesday that I had to keep rewriting, and then an utterly fabulous 33 today. The draft is done, and it's a great, marvelous, brilliant, flawed, shaggy mess which I will now proceed to whip into shape. It's a little short, but like Elmore Leonard I try to leave out the stuff people skip. I should know how good it is by Friday, when I will have printed it up and mashed it into shape.

But in the meantime, fireworks and champagne and happy music very very loud on the stereo. I came, I saw, I kicked its ass!

8 Comments:

Blogger dell said...

HI ANNE
JUST WANTED TO SAY I LOVE READING YOUR BOOKS CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LAST 2 ICE BOOKS

6:29 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

Woot!!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Lindsay said...

Krissie!!! Awesome news on finishing in ten days! That's just great. You're da bomb! Congratulations!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Amy Andrews said...

Woohoo! Go you good thing.

7:05 PM  
Blogger agalati said...

i can hardly wait

3:34 AM  
Blogger strategerie said...

All we have to do now is wait.

Tab for everyone!

4:19 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

I just read Ice Blue and loved it! I am now looking crazy for your other Ice Books! I have never read your books and a friend bought it and we both are very excited we found Ice Blue! Great story! Loved it. We read lots of Nora Roberts, Brenda Novak and Evanovich among others. Now you are on our list. We love your writtings! Just wanted you to know.

10:22 AM  
Blogger kate said...

So excited there are going to be more Ice series books! Hang in there. I have read all the Ice Books and all the other books of your's that I could get my hands on and I have enjoyed them all. I'm supper picky about books. If it doesn't grab me right away, or if it's to gaggy with mush I pass. Yours are right up my ally.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment