Notes from a Drama Queen

Ohio

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Finally made it here. For those of you who read Jenny Crusie's blog, you know that she and Lani and I have been daydreaming about our perfect writing and living commune, know as Clitoris. I was expecting them to greet me at the airport with a large sign saying Welcome to Clitoris and shocking the hell out of the businessmen but they were well-behaved and whisked me off to IHop, land of pancakes, then back to Jenny's magic house in the woods where we sat around and brainstormed the first act of DOGS AND GODDESSES (we finally have a name for the infamous punch). I reinstalled Itunes while Lani knitted socks and Jenny crocheted an afghan and the dogs took turns cuddling with each of us (except for Veronica, who disapproves of our presence.)
Veronica is a long hair dachsund diva, Wolfie is the neurotic daschsund and star of Dogs and Goddesses, Milton is a mini dachsund and adorable (he's not sure if he loves me or Lani better) and then there's Lucy who's blind and deaf and sweet. We watched an old episode of Burn Notice, Project Runway (we're divided on Christian, united on not liking Sweet P and all of us devoted to Chris) and then enjoyed some eye candy with Oceans Thirteen, which got by on charm. But as Jenny said, we all get by on charm some times.
Tomorrow we work some more. In the meantime, Lani's gone up to bed, Jenny's writing in her bedroom and I'm blogging. Back home in Vermont the snow's so deep the tombstones are covered. Here it's gray and cold but snowless, and the river rolls on by.
Next stop, Target and the quilt store!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I"m jealous! have a great time!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Dear Anne,
Just wanted to say - I've been looking for your books since the Aussie writers’ conference because I loved your talks and had so much fun at the lunch on Sydney Harbor with you, Jenny and the other Cherries/Cherry Bombs.
Well, I finally got my hands on Ice Blue (which is a pretty impressive, considering my town has no book shop and I am totally inept and distrustful about ordering things over the net).... anyway, back on subject - Ice Blue:
I just wanted to tell you that I LOVED it - the best romantic/thriller book I've read in a long while. I could wax on about what I loved and why I loved it, but by now you're probably thinking 'I get it, already!'
LOVED IT!
lol

Now I just need to hunt down the rest of the series and I'll be a happy woman ;-D

8:21 AM  
Blogger Anne Stuart said...

Bless you, Erica!

12:44 AM  
Blogger pattie said...

I love Chris! Although I don't think he'll win--Christian will probably win.

Have you seen the final collections or are you waiting patiently? I don't do patient...
;-)
pattie

7:06 AM  
Blogger pattie said...

P.S. Project Runway final collections (all 5) are on www.bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com.

pattie

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment