Notes from a Drama Queen

Detour at O'Hare

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So the best laid plans of divas oft go aglay (or whatever). I'm sitting in a hotel 6 miles from O'Hare while Jenny and Lani get to have fun without me. Not fair. I thought I was so clever getting out of Burlington in the midst of a heavy snow storm. I didn't stop to consider that Chicago would be even worse.
Grumble.
No meds, no clean clothes, just my trusty computer and me. At least they do takeout.
In the meantime I've got a new idea. A truly wonderful, mesmerizing idea, one that's so good that I no longer have the career blues.
So I'll get cozy (maybe take a shower and wrap myself in a sheet like a toga). I'll do Chinese take out (delivery) in honor of the Lunar New Year (coz I'm certainly not traipsing out in the slop outside).
No pictures -- my camera's in the suitcase along with the Lake Champlain chocolates and the clean clothes.
I think I'll just hunker down and enjoy myself. Maybe even write some stuff for the fabulous new book.
And my girls' week out will just have to wait a day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really stinks that you're stranded, but it sounds like it might be for the best after all. Enjoy your time.

6:50 PM  
Blogger writerheart said...

Sounds like you have a gift for making the best of things. And hey, while you were doing that, you got a great idea for a book? That's fantastic!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment