Notes from a Drama Queen

Off to Ohio

Monday, February 04, 2008


Not quite as cool as off to see the Wizard (of OZ = Australia) but still cool, because I get to go spend time with Jenny Cruisie and Lani Diane Rich in the magic house by the river. We'll work our butts off on Dogs and Goddesses, eat at IHop, go to Hobby Lobby almost every single day (interspersed with great quilt and fabric stores) and generally have a fabulous time. And I absolutely can't wait.

I'm bringing my camera so I can keep you guys updated in our travels. We're going to finish on Valentine's Day, having a fabulous book and a wonderful vacation. I promise not to sing (the photo is of me as Kate Smith with my poor little godson looking on while I serenaded the masses). Unless asked.

But basically I get an eight day vacation with the girls, and life couldn't be sweeter. So, anyone out there have some fabulous suggestions for us? Great movies we can't miss (on DVD or in the theatre)? Great places to eat in the Cincinnati area? Quilt stores, Asian stores, quirky little places? Maybe we'll all go to a spa and be made beautiful.

Naaah -- we're gorgeous enough.

In the meantime, check out the fabric store we're going to:
http://www.sttheresatextile.com

Doesn't that just look delicious? And I'll have RITA books to read (if they ever get here) and wonderful to write and the company of two of the very best people in the world.

Life doesn't get much better.

Do you ever get to have a girls' escape/holiday? What do you do and where do you go? Any suggestions for our Merry Trio?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a nice time on your trip! I used to live in Columbus, so I went to Cincinnati a few times, but I can't remember any of the restaurants. I always enjoyed going to the river and to Kings Island. There are also some great outlets in Erlanger (sp?), KY, which isn't too far away.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time, all of you!

Lynda

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

If you haven't seen Juno, I highly recommend a trip. Great writing, super performances.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Anne Stuart said...

Ah, Juno is an excellent idea! Thanks, Mary!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment