Notes from a Drama Queen

Ohio part deux

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well, it's actually a day three but what the hell. Yesterday we sat around the living room, hashing out plot points for Dogs and Goddesses and I had an epiphany about Abby, my heroine. We ate cookies and went shopping and came back and worked up a podcast on Lani's Will Write for Wine podcast series (available for free on iTunes). Today we dragged out butts out of bed, ate at Red Robin and then went to a mass booksigning at a wonderful Barnes and Noble, where the three of us bought more books than we sold (or close to it). Fortunately a portion of the profit was going to a needy school so we were encouraged to spend freely, and we rose to the challenge.
Back home where we ate sandwiches and foolishly thought we had enough brain power to finally play the Mesopotamia board game. Lani and Jenny and I looked at each other and said "let's watch tv."
Lani's making mittens for my daughter, Jenny's working on scarves to felt, and I relearned how to crochet with Jenny's help, while we watched episodes of Burn Notice and cuddled with the dogs. Tomorrow morning we wake up early and write.
Gotta pay for having such a good time. And actually I'm psyched. I can't wait to redo Abby.
Tomorrow there'll be pictures and a link to the podcast.
In the meantime I'm going to bed.
Tomorrow, when our work is done, we'll watch either Ruthless People or Head Office. Anyone got an opinion?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys. Kinda like yer books, too. And it feels great when you get a big hit of aha! about your lead character. Just had one myself. So, let the stoked quotient of the universe uptick a little. WooHoo!

Loved hearing you on the podcast, too.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Bon said...

Ruthless People, definitely. ;)-

I was finally able to hunt up Cold As Ice (I've already put the other three down like a breakfast sixer of Bud on Super Bowl Sunday). May I just say that Peter is by far my favorite in the series? Mmmmmm...

Oh, and you ladies know that Burn Notice is available for download on Amazon, right? I posted the link over on the D&G blog.

Have fun and pancakes in Ohio!

11:44 PM  
Blogger flip said...

I love Burn Notice..Bruce Campbell is so hot. I love middle aged men who look middle aged.

Looking forward to Fire and Ice.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

*snoopy dance* found a shop two hours away that has Black Ice, Cold as Ice and Ice Storm! should have them by tomorrow - or monday at the latest!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ruthless people. I want to say that I love your books. You are great.
Ms. Stuart I also have a question for you regarding book donations for a cancer fundraiser I am in. I have contacted several of my fav. authors and they are sending signed copies of books to be auctioned off to raise funds for american cancer society relay for life. I was wondering if you would be interested in donating some books. You can email me for more info. Please email me either way. Thanks.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment