Notes from a Drama Queen

Rocking and rolling!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

OK, fifteen pages today. Life's been getting in the way somewhat, but I'm now on page 50 and cautiously optimistic. Hell, no, I'm not. Right now I think this is the most brilliant book I've ever written. I'm totally in love with it, but that's no guarantee. I was (and still am) totally in love with INTO THE FIRE and that was a bit too much for a lot of people. And I'm afraid I'm going overboard with this one too. But you know, holding back, chickening out is a terrible thing for a writer to do.
My favorite movie about creativity is TIN CUP, the golf movie. Where Kevin Costner does the most stupid, arrogant, totally magnificent thing, instead of playing it smart and safe. That's the kind of writer I want to be. I don't want to write safe books -- I want to throw everything into it, clean it up if need be (sometimes even I think I go too far) and just let it be, in all its glorious messiness.
This might be one of those gift books. Considering it took me about six times to get the opening right, I deserve to have it take off from this point on.
Damn, I'm good!

5 Comments:

Blogger dolce said...

If this new book comes ANYWHERE close to the brilliance of Into the Fire, I'll be more than happy. Keep up the goodness.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I usually lurk around blogs. I could not pass up the chance to comment on this.

I loved Into the Fire. It's on my list of books I recommend to others. I loved the dark, edgy suspense of it. Jamie and Dillon are such "real" characters to me.

1:36 PM  
Blogger judy said...

"Into the Fire" was the first book by you that I read. I immediately went out and bought as many books of yours as I could find and loved them all. I was so excited to find an author that wrote about bad boys that were actually bad. Dillon was HOT! If that's too much for some then there are plenty of other books out there for them. Please Please do not change your writing style. It's what I love and what makes you my no.1 auto-buy!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Organa Solo said...

I'm actually visiting from your website, which I heard about when someone reported your dedication to Gackt on a community I run called GacktxHyde, devoted to who else but Gackt, Hyde, and the film they made together, Moon Child.

Although I am not a reader of romance novels, I intend to buy The Devil's Waltz solely to support a fellow fan and to show my thanks for being one of the only people to reference or dedicate a Japanese musician I love in a publication. I am one of several people that intends to do so.

Thanks, and kudos. Feel free to check out the site, as well as Unofficial Dears, Sari For Up-to-Date Gackt news, Unofficial Hydeist, and , the most informative English website on Hyde on the internet.

In Christ's Name,
Laura Organa Solo

1:37 PM  
Blogger Paper_whore said...

I loved "Into the Fire"! You are one of the few "romance" authors who writes a truly bad boy. Being slightly rough around the edges does not make a bad boy. Dillon was a bad boy and (my absolute favorite) Luke from "Ritual Sins" was a real bad boy. You are a very gifted writer and I am looking forward to all your future books!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment