Notes from a Drama Queen

Life Improves

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I've got the beginning. And if life would just stop getting in the way I could soar though this book. Two chapters down, two damned good chapters down, and it just feels right, thank God. I just have to hope trauma stops getting in the way.

Part of my problem was reading Tara Janzen's terrific CRAZY series. They're wonderful -- incredibly fast-paced, sexy, funny, fabulous. And without realizing it I kept trying to write ICE BLUE the same way, and it's really a very different world my characters are living in. Morality is much more ambiguous, good guys are bad guys and vice versa, and any humor is pretty black. So I have to resist temptation and not read CRAZY KISSES until I'm finished with this book. Who'd a thunk I'd be so suggestible?

Ah, but my exotic, beautiful hero is just about to kill the heroine when she says something to stop him cold, and it's just going to get better from there. Yum.

Page 35, but lots more on the way, since it's due in the beginning of May.

In the meantime, now that I've done my duty, maybe I'll curl up and watch Howl's Moving Castle for the fourth time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stella said...

Krissie, reading your blogs about the progress of this book is simply going to make me ravenous by the time the book is released!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Shesawriter said...

Sister Krissie,

I'm so happy to see you're blogging. :-)

Just finished The Devil's Waltz and I loved it. Every time I close an Anne Stuart book, I can't help but wonder how you do it. ALWAYS a satisfying read. BTW, I mentioned you on my blog today as my one and only auto-buy. (g)

Keep up the excellent work.

Tanya

10:09 AM  
Blogger flip said...

I am also really glad that Tara Janzen books are being well received. I think that her novel, The Prince of Time under the name Glenna McReynolds is one of the most romantic fantasy novels that I have ever read. It is definitely a keeper on my shelves.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment