Notes from a Drama Queen

Not so good

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Busy day, with a shrink appointment, a long call with my editor, and having my ancient mother over for dinner (along with watching Ponyo, the new Miyazaki movie, which was as wonderful as always.

When I went back in I discovered to my horror that the last scene I'd written had head-hopping. Oh, the horror, oh the humanity! I start with my secondary heroine's POV, jump to my secondary hero's POV, back to my heroine's, then ended up with my hero's, and I'm a POV purist. I was mortified. So I rewrote that, wrote a few more pages and then sat and brainstormed for a couple of hours.

So five new pages, rewrote a bunch of old pages, and then planned.

1 Comments:

Blogger inkgrrl said...

My two decided their first sex scene together would be drafted that way. I'm still untangling body parts.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment