Notes from a Drama Queen

Best Laid Plans

Friday, February 26, 2010

Well, they oft go aglay or however Robert Burns put it (and I, a Scot, should know -- shame on me).
I got up, went straight to the computer and did a fast 18 pages. Then realized I felt like crap. Dragged myself down to see my mother (because she's 95 and I'm all she has and I'm a Good Girl) and called the health center for her appointments and then realized I might have a low grade bladder infection. So they said "come on down" and I did, but they made me wait an hour and a half when all you have to do is pee in a cup and get a prescription, so I finally walked out, went home and went to sleep. Woke up to the message that yes, I do have an infection, they called in the prescription. Richie was home by then, and we were having a dinner party at Uncle Bill's in honor of Richie's mother, who died on Sunday, and he was already late. So I sent him on ahead, dragged my sorry ass to the drug store (7 miles away -- I live in the boonies), then went on to Uncle Bill's for an hour and now I'm home.
Two more pages for my minimum, but I feel like I got hit by a truck.
Still, 18 pages for such a day ain't too shabby.

Now how was I going to reward myself? A half hour of sewing isn't too appealing right now .

Onward and upward!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla Swafford said...

Though Irish and not a Scot's saying, "May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."

Get well quick!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Anne Stuart said...

I love it!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment