Notes from a Drama Queen

Another Day, Another Dollar

Friday, March 05, 2010

Well, I looked at my schedule on Wednesday night and burst into tears. It seemed so overwhelming, and I desperately want to get away to see my daughter and niece (who's a second daughter). But I have so much work it's ridiculous.
Yesterday I emailed my editor to see if there was anyway to rework things.
This morning I spent hours playing with calendars and schedules, and now have the next six weeks mapped out, with visits to my mother, due dates, amount I have to write each day, etc.
I'm not really left-brained. I'm all airy-fairy go-with-it. But as I get old and wiser I discover that a little organization is not a bad thing. I love my pages and pages of schedules. I can see that it's all very doable as long as I pay attention to where I am.

On top of that, I wrote another 15 pages, bringing me to 275. Hurray!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla Swafford said...

YEAH! Is this the SPECIAL book you told me about?

Of course, to be totally bias (and brown nosing), all of them are special. :-)

Sledgehammer girl.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Carla Swafford said...

Oh, I'm glad you feel better. And that you worked it out.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you talked to your editor. You've had a lot of personal stuff going on lately, and it's no shame to acknowledge that you need some more time. Glad you're feeling better.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment