Notes from a Drama Queen

Done

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I got so caught up the effing book that I forgot to post. I finished in a blaze of glory, came back home (hobbled back home), spent three days on revisions and then sent it off. And because it was so late my Darling Baby Boy Editor (or DBBE) says it's nicely creepy and he only has a few notes.
Such a sweet boy!

So now I'm sitting here with ice on my knee, ready to start on my fabulous historical series. And I can't freaking wait!

In the meantime, just to catch you up to speed, here's the Facebook abridged version of my marathon.

Anne is at page 200 of her read through, making copious notes, and is now too tired to work any more. 10:20pm
Anne has eaten three more mini-croissants, is on her second Diet Coke, has immersed herself in the hot tub and gone back to work. 6:53pm –
Anne is finished reading through the mss. and going out for a late breakfast before she dives in. 11:10am -
Anne is about to start piling up the pages. 12:46pm
Anne has just finished writing 10 pages in one hour. And she's just beginning. 2:01pm -
Anne has written another seven pages (17 so far today) and downloaded Nick Cave's Murder Ballads to keep her in the mood. 2:40pm
Anne has just written ten more pages, bringing her to 27 so far. 4:54pm
Anne has written a new prologue and a new scene for still another ten pages, making it 37 for the day. And the night is young. 6:53pm
Anne has gotten to page 60 on revisions, as well as writing a total of 45 pages. She is a goddess. And now she's going to bed. 12:20am
Anne is awake, and written five new pages. 10:47am
Anne has decided that the Murder Ballads are just too freaking gross for the frail, delicate flower that she is. 10:49am
Anne had lunch with writing friends and is now back. 6 pages and a bag of potato chips later. 4:25pm
Anne is climbing the Word Twist ladder! 4:35pm
Anne 's done 15 new pages and ordered room service for dinner. 10:57pm
Anne 's written another seven pages. 11:14pm
Anne is eating bagels, drinking DC, and starting to work . 10:44am
Anne just looked up the history of "jump the shark". Don't ask why. 11:11am -
Anne is climbing the Scramble ladder! 12:07pm
Anne has written 25 pages, killed the bad guy, and is bringing it on home (figuratively as well as literally). 5:56pm
Anne is climbing the Word Twist ladder! 5:59pm
Anne is now doing revisions. Tomorrow she gets to go home. Yippee!!! 7:53pm –
Anne is hoping her editor doesn't notice she's doing word games every now and then instead of working. 7:54pm -


I didn't actually write the last scene until Monday, but I still figure it was basically done by 5:56.

Is there any doubt that I am a goddess among women?

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok. HOW? How how how do you write THAT many pages in ONE day??

You're right. You're a Goddess. Maybe the Goddess of Goddesses!

Hope the knee feels better soon.

Chelle

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

There was never any doubt about your goddessdom before the writing marathon. *g*

Congratulations on finishing. Hope the knee improves.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blue said...

Yes, a goddess. Point me to the people who question and I shall correct them.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Lindsay said...

Definitely a goddess.

And your editor sounds like a sensible man...so rare ;-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger CindyS said...

As a die-hard fan I'm just too excited about the book. And now to know there is an historical series in the offering!?

You've made my winter (and I hate winters)

I hope your knee feels better!

And I've known you were a goddess for way too many years. No really.

CindyS

11:01 PM  
Blogger BecauseYouLeft said...

Congrats on finishing! Can't wait to read it :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

I know I said it before but your goddessliness is a given. You have always been a goddess and always will be until the universe implodes and is no more.

Maybe even longer.

So, when does the next book hit the shelves?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Robena Grant said...

Heard you were feeling poorly so I came over to cheer you up. Grin. Is it the knee? Those $%#@&*( things are awful when they don't work right.

I had surgery on mine in early June, for a torn meniscus, almost didn't got to National because I was still hobbling around like an old lady. Oh, wait, I am an old lady. Anyway, I must say four months later the knee is doing okay. Once in a while it acts up but nothing an ice bag and some Aleve can't fix. I'm back to full activity now.

Hope the writing is going well. Take care.

6:38 PM  
Blogger pomo housewife said...

a bit worried that you haven't blogged in a while. Hope you're okay.

hugs

Helen

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment