Notes from a Drama Queen

Cinco de Mayo

Friday, May 05, 2006

Which means tacos for dinner. I use any excuse -- latkes for Hannukah, lamb for Easter, and I keep trying to remember about that bean thing you're supposed to eat for the New Year. I do love to celebrate, no matter whose tradition.
But in the meantime, I've been working. Taka, my hero (I finally figured out what to call him -- his name is Takashi O'Brien and he's half American, half Japanese and the most gorgeous man) has finally realized he's not going to kill the heroine. It took him almost half the book and three or four tries to realize he can't go through with it, but things should zip along nicely at this point.
In the meantime I'm at page 254 -- for some reason this book is proving to be a crafty one, playing hide and seek with me. It's a good thing I love it to pieces or I'd get very cranky. But during all this I'm worried about my elderly mother (almost 92), my daughter (21), my son (almost 19), my sister (age 62), money, and everything else people usually worry about. And oh, damn it, I gained 8 pounds!
But I just had my 58th birthday on Tuesday and ate too much cake, so that's probably my excuse. Hello, South Beach!

I've got to work out a road map for the last third of the book. Just a general one -- a sketching of important scenes and things that need to be settled. I write by the seat of my pants so I'm not going to plan too much, but I think I need a sign or two pointing me in the right direction.

At least it's finally spring!

2 Comments:

Blogger flip said...

Wow, I love your hero already. I have always loved tall good looking asian men. Happy Belated Birthday.

This is birthday week at my house. My son was born on the 3rd and my oldest daughter on the 5th. Fortunately, I get along great with Tauruses. I married to one, I gave birth to two, and two of my very dearest friends are tauruses.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sister Krissie!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment