Notes from a Drama Queen

HARD WORK

Monday, May 10, 2010


Yes, I know, you haven't seen me much around here recently. That's because all I do is work. In the last year I've written three full-length novels, revised two of them, written a ten thousand word novellette for eHarlequin (available in June), buried my sister, watched my husband have a heart attack, and girded my loins for the IRS. It's been a busy time -- no wonder blogging tends to fall by the wayside.
The best laid plans, etc., but I'm determined to do better. So first of all, you get to see the glory that is Sister Krissie when she travels, thanks to Jenny Crusie. That's the infamous Pig suitcase, the brand new Diego the Bat suitcase complete with Hunter Thompson quote ("we can't stop here, this is bat country"), and my magnificent multiple personality bag. For details, check out Jenny's blog at www.arghink.com and prepare to be amazed. I showed my art student daughter and she said she didn't know whether to be in awe of Jenny or afraid. I told her, both.
I'll be taking at least some of this to RWA in Orlando this summer (RWA at Walt Disney World -- be still my heart!) and to the New Jersey RWA chapter conference. If it ever stops snowing I'll be spending the rest of the time on my deck, feet propped up on my new wicker sofa, enjoying the black flies that are so much a lovely part of Vermont in the spring (not).
I'll be talking more about what I've been working on in weeks to come, plus what I want to do in the future. But in the meantime, this will explain what outdoor work is write in Northern Vermont.

5 Comments:

Blogger me said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. I hope your husband is recovering swiftly.

I was worried when so much time had passed without a post from you. Cant wait to read your new work when its released

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

You forgot to mention that you also visited the RT Convention and were abso-freaking-lutely hilarious with Lani Diane Rich. (Great to see you!)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

I'm so excited that you'll be at NJRW conference this fall! Can't wait to see you, the pig, and Diego.

Those black flies are murderous. I lived in Rowley, MA for a little while and we had those horrible green flies that just lay on you like you're a corpse. Ugh.

Enjoy the rest of spring in Vermont! Glad you had what looked to be a fantastic birthday at Jenny's!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Barbara Cameron said...

So sorry to hear about your sister.

Glad to hear your husband is doing well.

I saw the suitcases on Jenny's site and they are sublime. I especially love the bat one...

Oh, I've experienced those black flies. They are HUGE and what a stinging bite they have. I get chills just thinking about how awful it felt to have them bite me. We have huge mosquitoes in Fla. but they do at least spray for them. I wonder if they do that for black flies in Vermont? (A pelican flew over once at a picnic and someone said, "Look at that." I said you think that's big? You should see our mosquitoes."

Be good to yourself and get some rest. The stress you've been under can be bad for your health...I know you know that but just expressing concern! : )

Looking forward to buying your new books...

2:28 PM  
Blogger Anne Stuart said...

Nope, no spraying for black flies. We're all too healty around here. This is the only time of year we all congregate around smokers when we're outside. The rest of the year we sneer and disapprove, but come black fly season the cigarette smokers are our best friends.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment