Notes from a Drama Queen

REINVENTING FABULOUS

Monday, January 02, 2012


It's time for a change. I'm 63 years old and fat fat fat (I hate that word). I feel bad. My back hurts, my knees hurt, my stomach hurts. I want to live forever. I want to be as glorious as I can possibly be (though I'm not sure the world is ready for that). So I need to get healthy.

I was driving to the grocery store (where else?) and I came up with a plan. Came back home, emailed Crusie and she was with me, and then Lani agreed to come in and heckle us. It's time to reinvent our already magnificent lives. We're drowning in clutter, in responsibilities that aren't really responsibilities. We're drowning in guilt and bad food and no exercise and hating where we live. It's time to shed the thick skin we've built up around ourselves and reinvent our own fabulosity (I know that's not a word but I like it).

And I decided journalling was the way to do it, and journalling in public would keep me honest. And Crusie said "oh, boy, a website I can play with" and we were off. I'm going to post daily - my weight, my progress, the things I can shed, the way I view myself, etc., and see where I am at the end of the year.

Jenny will post on a weekly basis, but we've declared it a guilt-free zone so she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to. And Lani will appear every now and then to harass us, because we need harassing.

So stop on by. Have a glass of ice cold water (I'm trying to give up on Diet Coke). Weigh in (literally and figuratively). And we'll so how the year progresses.

www.reinventingfabulous.com

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Anderson said...

That is AWESOME, lady! :) My husband and I have slowly but surely been eating better each year since we got together - and by better, I mean -NO SODA (coffee and hot tea are good substitutes!), GOOD fats (nuts, butter in moderation, olive oil, no triglycerides), lean meats all around (buffalo, turkey, chicken, fish/seafood), & lots and lots of fruits and veggies in their 'whole' forms. Walking at least half an hour a day, and realizing, "hey, I can have a snack of banana with some nuts", and drinking lots of water, I've lost 40 pounds in 6 months. If I can lose that, I'm sure you can do even better. You could always convert to a 'walking desk' -- treadmill and laptop combined. :D Best of luck for the New Year, the new books you'll have out, and keep up the promises you made to yourself. Your readers want to keep you around for at least another few decades yet. ;) Cheers!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Mary E said...

Ouch! This hit home. I'm not brave enough? Can I do it??? I'll try but no promises.......

8:26 PM  
Blogger harada57 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:15 AM  
Blogger DreamNT said...

This is a very popular article Thank you very much.










สูตรบาคาร่า

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment